- (1 Unit) Beef for Stew
- (1 tsp) Baking soda
- (1/2 tsp) Kosher Salt
- (1/2 tsp) Black Pepper
- (5 tsp) Cornstarch
- (1 Tbsp) Water
- (1 Tbsp) Vegetable Oil
- (1/2 tsp) Sesame Oil
- (3 Tbsp) Oyster Sauce
- (2 Tbsp) Soy Sauce
- (1 Tbsp) Rice Vinegar
- (1 Tbsp) Minced Garlic
- (1 Tbsp) Minced Ginger
- (1/2 cup) Diced White Onion
- (1 cup) Red Bell Pepper
- (1 cup) Green Bell Pepper
- (2 Tbsp) Sliced Green Onions
Cut the flank steak against the grain into 3/4-inch cubes.(If you use Thousand Hills Lifetime Grazed Beef for Stew it is already pre-cut!)
1. In a medium-sized bowl combine steak, baking soda, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, water, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and sesame oil.
2. Allow beef to marinate about 10 minutes while preparing the sauce and vegetables.
3. In a small bowl whisk together oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
4. Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat.
5. Add 2 tablespoons oil, once hot add the beef and stir to coat.
6. Spread beef evenly in the pan and allow to sear for 1 minute, stir and repeat, searing two more times, 3 minutes total cook time to brown the beef.
7. Add in ginger, garlic, and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
8. Add onions and bell peppers, stir-fry for 2 minutes.
9. Slowly pour the sauce into the pan, stirring until the sauce thickens, about 30-seconds.
10. Taste the beef and season with salt and pepper as desired.
11. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve hot with rice.